Monday, September 28, 2009

Rocking . . .

There is a CD continuously playing in my car, and probably two songs (although I love the whole album) that I can't get enough of on repeat. They are slow songs not usually my driving music but they have touched me (not in that way you grubby folk).

Tahuna Breaks are an 8 piece band who I first saw live last New Years, since them I have not gone more than a day or two without listening to them. They just released their second album and its just as brilliant as their first. Next weekend I'm going to be front row rocking out with them, and their energetic mix of funk, soul, rock n roll and reggae.

The two songs that are my soundtrack at the moment are Sophie's Lullaby and Somebody's Daughter. I think they resonate because the lyrics are so beautiful and poetic.

Also saw them live last month - love loved the show - they sure know how to rock the party! Had a smile a mile wide all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment