Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Snapping . . .

I've always been a photo-taker (not a photographer that implies something more professional and artistic than I'll ever claim to be). I love capturing a moment in time and having it to reflect on later. I have many photo albums and I would definitely save them if my house caught on fire (also the cat and my childhood teddy).


A friend recently picked up one album and I realised I hadn't printed any photos since 2007. I blame technology, the fact that my facebook profile houses hundreds of shots and that I have treated my laptop like a portable album - and yes technology makes it easy to share and show but its just not the same as having 'real' pictures printed, captioned and flicked through. Before my first digital camera, I knew the staff at my local printing lab by name, I probably had shares in the shop, and I definitely spent too much money there.


So in the last week, I have relived births, weddings, nights out, days in the sun and times with my family. I have laughed, shed tears and cringed, I have selected, chosen, sorted and printed 596 photos. I am almost up to date however since my printing mission I have taken more...


My photos pay homage to my loved ones, friendships, good times and beautiful places, and now no matter the fate of my computer, they are real, not digital, a tangible memory to treasure for always.

No comments:

Post a Comment